All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionTwo new volumes of Methods in Enzymology continue the legacy of this premier serial with quality chapters authored by leaders in the field. Circadian Rhythms and Biological Clocks Part A and Part B is an exceptional resource for anybody interested in the general area of circadian rhythms. As key elements of timekeeping are conserved in organisms across the phylogenetic tree, and our understanding of circadian biology has benefited tremendously from work done in many species, the volume provides a wide range of assays for different biological systems. Protocols are provided to assess clock function, entrainment of the clock to stimuli such as light and food, and output rhythms of behavior and physiology. This volume also delves into the impact of circadian disruption on human health. Contributions are from leaders in the field who have made major discoveries using the methods presented here.
- Author BiographyDr. Sehgal is the John Herr Musser Professor of Neuroscience and Director of a Program in Chronobiology at the Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania. She has also been an Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute since 1997. Dr. Sehgal received her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University, working with Dr. Moses Chao, and conducted her postdoctoral work with Dr. Michael Young at Rockefeller University. A major focus in her laboratory is the cellular and molecular basis of circadian rhythms, using the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster as a model system. Her laboratory also developed a Drosophila model for the study of sleep, which has been adopted by laboratories worldwide, and is rapidly provding insight into the regulation and function of sleep. In 2009, Dr. Sehgal was elected to the Institute of Medicine and in 2011 to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication27/01/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMethods in Enzymology
- Series Part/Volume Number551
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Volume editorAmita Sehgal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.