Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive work takes a broad view of what rock art entails, covering the history of rock art research and the discovery of many new sites. The author illustrates the different symbols and motifs that are found throughout the British Isles, and shows where they occur in landscapes and monuments. It is a book that captures the excitement of discovery and examines the various theories about the origin, use and meaning of rock art. Stan Beckensall also explains the problems of accurate conservation, recording and display.
- Author BiographyStan Beckensall is the foremost authority on British Prehistoric Rock Art. He is the author of 'British Prehistoric Rock Art', 'Prehistoric Rock Art in Northumberland' and 'Prehistoric Rock Art in Cumbria' as well as four general books on Northumberland (all published by Tempus). For his work on rock art he has been awarded on Honorary Degree by the University of Newcastle. He lives in Hexham, Northumberland.
- Author(s)Stan Beckensall
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight620 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.