All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionAdding a new perspective to the current literature on decentralization in Japan, Cities, Autonomy and Decentralization in Japan, approaches the subject from an urban studies and planning approach. The essays in the collection present a cogent compilation of case studies focusing on the past, present and future of decentralization in Japan. These include small scale development in the fields such as citizen participation (machizukuri), urban form and architecture, disaster prevention and conservation of monuments. The contributors suggest that new trends are emerging after the bursting of Japan's economic bubble and assess them in the context of the country's larger socio-political system. This in-depth analysis of the development outside of Japan provides a valuable addition to students of Urban, Asian and Japanese Studies.
- Author BiographyCarola Hein is Associate Professor in the Growth and Structure of Cities Program at Bryn Mawr College, USA. Philippe Pelletier is Professor of Geography at Lumiere-Lyon 2 University, France.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2009
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 26 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byCarola Hein,Philippe Pelletier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.