All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionAs people increasingly migrate to urban settings and more than half of the world's population w lives in cities, it is vital to plan and provide for sustainable and resilient food systems which reflect this challenge. This volume presents experience and evidence-based state of the art chapters on the key dimensions of urban food challenges and types of intra- and peri-urban agriculture. The book provides urban planners, local policy makers and urban development practitioners with an overview of crucial aspects of urban food systems based on an up to date review of research results and practical experiences in both developed and developing countries. By doing so, the international team of authors provides a balanced textbook for students of the growing number of courses on sustainable agriculture, food and urban studies, as well as a solid basis for well-informed policy making, planning and implementation regarding the development of sustainable, resilient and just urban food systems.
- Author BiographyHenk de Zeeuw is Senior Advisor at the RUAF Foundation, based in Leusden, the Netherlands. The RUAF Foundation (Resource Centres on Urban Agriculture and Food Security) is a global network and a leading centre of expertise in the field of (intra- and peri-) Urban Agriculture and City Region Food Strategies. Pay Drechsel is Principal Researcher at the International Water Management Institute, based in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Leader of the Flagship on Recovering and Reusing Resources in Urbanized Ecosystems of the CGIAR Water, Land and Ecosystems Research Program.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEarthscan Food and Agriculture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note109 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables, 48 black & white halftones, 35 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byHenk de Zeeuw,Pay Drechsel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.