All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a long period of suburbanization, cities have been in vogue again since the 1980s. But why are people prepared to spend far more money on a small house in the city centre than on a large house in the countryside - and why doesn't this apply to all cities? The authors of this book argue that the appeal of the city in the 21st century is t only determined by the production side of the ecomy, but also by the consumption side: its array of shops, cultural activities and, for example, an historic city centre. All these factors translate into a huge disparity in land prices as well as different wages for urban and rural citizens. This study maps out these variations, with an ecomic approach to spatial planning and an emphasis on land rents as a basis for cost-benefit analysis. The use of land prices as a reflection of the appreciation for urban amenities is an ideal measurement tool in the cost-benefit analyses for local investments and spatial planning policies, and sheds new light on the organisation of public administration. This accessible book will be of interest to geographers, ecomists and social scientists, as well as policymakers involved in urban planning, seeking an in-depth understanding of land prices and the increasing importance of cities in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyHenri L.F. de Groot, Professor, VU University Amsterdam, Tinbergen Institute and Ecorys NEI, Gerard Marlet, Atlas voor Gemeenten, Utrecht University School of Economics and University of Groningen, the Netherlands, Coen Teulings, Professor, University of Cambridge, UK, University of Amsterdam and Tinbergen Institute, the Netherlands and Wouter Vermeulen, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis, the Netherlands
- Author(s)Coen Teulings,Gerard Marlet,Henri L. F. de Groot,Wouter Vermeulen
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.