All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this eye-opening work of American history, Todd DePasti tells the epic story of the veritable army of homeless men that swept across America after the Civil War and crafts a stunning new interpretation of the American century in the process. Drawing on sources ranging from diaries, letters, and police reports to movies and memoirs, Citizen Hobo breathes life into the largely forgotten world of the road, but it also, crucially, shows how the hobo army so haunted the American body politic that it prompted the creation of an entirely new social order and political ecomy. In its breadth and scope, the book offers thing less than an essential new context for thinking about Americans' struggles against inequality and alienation.
- Author BiographyTodd DePastino is an independent scholar in Pittsburg.
- Author(s)Todd DePastino
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication02/08/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight482 g
- Width166 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.