All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Keanes' teary, big-eyed orphans and many trashy kckoffs epitomised American kitsch art for decades. But decades of lawsuits and countersuits revealed the reality that Keane was more con man than artist, and that he forced his wife Margaret to sign his name to her work. Citizen Keane is a book-length expansion of Adam Parfrey's original 1992 Juxtapoz article, providing fascinating details, photographs, colour reproductions and appendices with legal documents and pseudonymous essays by Tom Wolfe inflating big eye art to those painted by the great masters.
- Author BiographyCletus Nelson: Cletus Nelson is a contributor to books published by Process Media, The Disinformation Company, and Creation Press.Adam Parfrey is the editor of Apocalypse Culture, Apocalypse Culture II, It's a Man's World: Men's Adventure Magazines, the Postwar Pulps, and co-editor of Sin-a-Rama: Sleaze Paperbacks of the '60s. He is the co-writer (with Craig Heimbichner) of Ritual America: Secret Brotherhoods and their Influence on American Society, and (with Maja D'Aoust) The Secret Source: The Law of Attraction and its Hermetic Influence Throughout the Ages, (with Brendan Mullen and Don Bolles) Lexicon Devil: The Fast Times and Short Life of Darby Crash and The Germs. Adam also wrote the compilation Cult Rapture, which contained his early feature article on the crazy Keane story.
- Author(s)Adam Parfray,Cletus Nelson
- PublisherFeral House,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeral House,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight333 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.