All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA handbook for anyone who wants to learn about how to be active in local, state, and federal government, The Citizen Lobbyist shows how to have a voice in creating public policy. More citizen involvement is needed in our government processes to ensure the voices of the people are heard over the money of paid lobbyists, unions, and coalitions, both in Washington, DC, and in state capitals across the country. All too often, public officials seem removed from the people who hired them to be their representatives and fail to work on their behalf. This book gives a step-by-step plan on how to lobby elected officials about the issues you care about, offers information on how to plan a lobbying meeting for individuals and groups, and provides sample lobbying worksheets and resources to assist with finding legislative information and history. It is your go-to reference for being a grassroots activist and citizen lobbyist.
- Author BiographyAmanda Knief is a public policy and constitutional expert on religious freedom and civil liberties. She has worked as a legal counsel and legislative drafter for the Iowa legislature and the lobbyist for the Secular Coalition for America, and is currently the managing director and in-house counsel for American Atheists. She has a JD from Drake University Law School and a BS in journalism and science communication from Iowa State University.
- Author(s)Amanda Knief
- PublisherPitchstone Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPitchstone Publishing
- Out-of-print date22/09/2014
- Weight124 g
- Width120 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byBarry W. Lynn
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.68
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.