All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFor sixty years the journal Civil War History has presented the best original scholarship in the study of America's greatest struggle. Civil War History Readers reintroduce the most influential articles published in the journal. From military command, strategy and tactics, to political leadership, race, abolitionism, the draft, and women's issues, as well as the war's causes, its aftermath, and Reconstruction, Civil War History has published fresh and provocative analyses of the determining aspects of America's middle period. In this fourth volume of the series, editor J. Matthew Gallman includes sixteen pioneering essays by Daniel E. Sutherland , Gary Gallagher, James Marten, Alice Fahs, and other scholars that examine the Civil War home front. Topics include voluntarism; science and medicine; communities at war; recruitment and conscription; welfare, dissent, and nationalism; and literature and society. Gallman's introduction assesses the significance of each article in providing a clearer understanding of the era.
- Author BiographyJ. Matthew Gallman has been writing about the Civil War for more than twenty years. His books include Mastering Wartime: A Social History of Philadelphia during the Civil War, The North Fights the Civil War, and Northerners at War: Reflections on the Civil War Home Front (The Kent State University Press, USA, 2010). Gallman is professor of history at the University of Florida, USA.
- Author(s)J. Matthew Gallman
- PublisherKent State University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCivil War History Readers
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationKent, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKent State University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.