All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn these stories, Mark Kurlansky journeys to his familiar haunts like New York's Central Park or Miami's Little Havana but with an original, earthy and adventurous perspective. From baseball players in the Dominican Republic to Basque separatists in Spain to a restaurant owner in Cuba, from urban coyotes to a murder of crows, Kurlansky travels the worlds of animals and their human counterparts, revealing moving and hilarious truths about our connected existence. In the end, he illuminates how closely our worlds are aligned, how humans really are beasts.
- Author Biography<b>Mark Kurlansky </b>is the <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of many books, including <i>Cod</i>, <i>Salt</i>, <i>1968: The Year That Rocked the World</i>, <i>The Big Oyster</i>, <i>The Last Fish Tale</i>, <i>The Food of a Younger Land</i>, <i>The Eastern Stars</i>, <i>Ready for a Brand New Beat</i>, and the short story collection, <i>Edible Stories</i>. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Mark Kurlansky
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight225 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.