Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
About this product
- DescriptionA nine years old immigrant boy living in the North Ward, Forest Hill section of the rough and tumble city of Newark, New Jersey. Loses his incence to a pedophile priest, and subsequently becomes an incurable, mischievous, miscreant child dedicated to blatant foul language, thefts, and burglaries, into adulthood. By the age of twenty-three, largely influenced by the many Cosa Nostra aficionados that street kid such as he was admired. Ricky has his perception of a life well lived narrowed down to less than five fingered rules. One is, and was foremost, to give vaginas the medieval self-respect anything that feels that good demands. Two, never tell the truth when you can get by with a lie. Three, never buy what can be readily stolen. Four, worry about you first, and others when it was their turn. Five? The mere supposition that a fifth rule existed was highly argumentative among 'city-boys.' Some said there was t a fifth rule and others said there was but they could t remember the mantra. The latter group, city-boys with poor memories. Were tolerated but t universally embraced. Amongst the city wide illegal spectrum of amateur bootleggers, mob loan sharks, bookmakers, thieves, pickpockets, pimps, extortionists, and every other imaginable, cultural destitution. Ricky and the host of city-boys he prefers over a large number of others. Namely the informal, disparate collection of modestly few honest young men and many corrupt ones kwn in North Newark society as the torious Muscle Beach gang. Learned early on as boys growing into adulthood that to live successfully in the Brick City, required cunning eyes, and smart instincts if as men they sought to live life in the community as if it was truly their pearl ladened oyster. Ricky, with a litany of character flaws best identified in the languages of psychopathy. Nonetheless, was fundamentally certain of one thing. Somehow, someway, he would ascertain his high social status in the remarkably toughened city of Newark, New Jersey.
- Author BiographyRene' Abril was born into a newspaper family on the Caribbean island of Cuba, the Pearl of the Antilles. In 1961, he and his older brother exiled to Miami, Florida. Mr. Abril expresses his gratitude to the CIA and Operation Peter Pan, a little publicized, successful effort, which responsibly expatriated more than fourteen thousand underage children to the United States. Presently, he dedicates much of his time to democratic causes, focusing primarily on strengthening the principles of the one man, one woman, and one vote doctrine.
- Author(s)Rene' Abril
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.