All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCity Gates was first published in Arabic in 1981, and in English in 1993. It is a further exploration of the themes of exile, dislocation, and identity. Elias Khoury's early works show him finding the distinctive voice that explodes in his epic Gate of the Sun. A stranger arrives at the gates of a city from which everyone appears to have fled. The once besieged and w deserted city is Beirut. City Gates is a fable of displacement and a visionary tale about the consequences of civil war in the Middle East.
- Author BiographyElias Khoury is the author of eleven novels including The Journey of Little Gandhi, The Kingdom of Strangers, and Yalo. He is a professor of Middle Eastern and Islamic studies at New York University, and editor in chief of the literary supplement of Beirut's daily newspaper, An-Nahar.
- Author(s)Elias Khoury
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication27/11/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byPaula Haydar
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.12Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $91.04
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $52.74
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.