City Girl, Country Girl: The Inspiring True Stories of Courageous Women Forging New Lives in the Australian Bush by Liz Harfull (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.00+ AU $6.90 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by alimbrown
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I'm sitting down to write the opening lines of this book a year to the day since my mum died. She is constantly in my thoughts, t just because I miss her terribly, but because she was the inspiration for this collection of stories about women who have come from very different places to make a new life in rural Australia.'City Girl, Country Girl brings together the stories of women who have left lives in the city or ather country to build a new future in places where kwing how to milk a cow or drive a tractor stand them in far better stead than an ability to negotiate rush-hour traffic or find a good cappucci.It ranges in scope from the classic outback story of Sarah Durack in the late 1800s, to the author's own mother's experiences of swapping wartime Melbourne for a dairy farm on the Limestone Coast, to the present day. City Girl, Country Girl is a compelling and fascinating account of these women's journeys as they struggle through personal tragedy, hardship and self-doubt with grace, humour, perseverance and more than a little hard work.
- Author BiographyLiz Harfull is passionate about telling the stories of regional Australia, its people, communities, history and traditions. An award-winning rural journalist and communicator, she grew up on a small farm near Mount Gambier, which has been in the family since the 1860s.In 2006 Liz walked away from corporate life, as a director of a leading national public relations agency, to write books. Her leap of faith was rewarded two years later with The Blue Ribbon Cookbook, which became a surprise best-seller. Capturing the stories and traditions of South Australian country shows and show cooks, it even took her to Paris where it won a Gourmand World Cookbook Award. Since then she has written two national best-sellers, Women of the Land and The Australian Blue Ribbon Cookbook, as well as Almost an Island: the Story of Robe, about her favourite season town on the windswept Limestone Coast.Today Liz lives in the Adelaide Hills, juggling a busy writing career with travelling Australia to visit the places and meet the people that inspire her writing.
- Author(s)Liz Harfull
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication04/01/2016
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight340 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.