Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionHere Tremblay gives free rein to his immensely fertile imagination in a story that combines extremes of fantasy with a strong science fiction element that avoids the usual obsessive preoccupation with techlogical concerns. The story revolves around and within a miraculous egg which the narrator inherits from his father. One day he discovers the secret of entering into the egg under certain conditions of the moon. Once inside, he finds himself in a strange city with even stranger inhabitants, monstrous creatures, each of whom rules over a particular district and each eager to enlist the narrator on his side, for he possesses a mysterious power that they need to obtain. In his translation, Michael Bullock has remained faithful to the letter of Tremblay's prose while capturing the spirit and power of Tremblay's vision. A brilliant vel in its own right, 'The City in the Egg' will prove essential to readers wishing to understand Tremblay's dramatic and fictional ability to invest the ordinary with the bizarre.
- Author(s)Michael Tremblay
- PublisherRonsdale Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRonsdale Press
- Weight252 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.