All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1536, and Dell lives on an isolated hillside with her bitter auntie and drunken father. Father has warned Dell never to venture past her mother's grave to the City of Cannibals. But unanswered questions plague Dell. Why did her parents leave the court of Henry VIII? Was her mother's death really an accident? And what about the mysterious Brown Boy who leaves sacks of supplies for her family? Dell risks traveling to the City of Cannibals. Once inside London, she is t eaten alive but is confronted with a different horror--the Oath of Allegiance. If she and the Brown Boy don't sign, they could be executed. Dell has good reason t to sign. But who can defy King Henry VIII and live? A cloud of smoke filled the air in front of her and stung her eyes. Dripping fat sizzled, and through the greasy smoke, Dell could see something burning on a spit. It was a human leg--it was the leg of the woman who sat outside the gate. She looked closer. No. Not a human leg. A leg of mutton. Just mutton.
- Author BiographyRicki Thompson lives with her family in Minneapolis. She has an MFA in writing for children and young adults from Vermont College. This is her first novel.
- Author(s)Ricki Thompson
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Weight454 g
- Width150 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.43
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $52.95
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $5.98
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.62
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.