All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionDespite its undoubted importance, there has never been a volume dedicated entirely to studies of the historic city of Famagusta in the years which followed the siege of 1571. City of Empires: Ottoman and British Famagusta takes an important first step in redressing this imbalance. The four centuries which followed the conflict, as the contributions gathered here demonstrate, are rich research seams for scholars of history, urban design, photography, art history, literature, drama, military history and the post-war mandates. City of Empires also places emphasis on the tangible heritage of Famagusta-twice listed as endangered by World Monuments Fund and w the recipient of an increasing number of international efforts to protect it.
- Author BiographyMichael J. K. Walsh conducted his graduate studies at the Universities of Cambridge, St. Andrews and York, before being employed for nine years in the Department of Archaeology and Art History at Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta. In this time, he successfully nominated the historic city of Famagusta for inclusion in the World Monuments Fund Watch List. He has co-edited several books on Famagusta, including Medieval and Renaissance Famagusta (Ashgate, 2012), Crusader to Venetian Famagusta (Central European University Press, 2014), and Famagusta: Contemporary Images from an Historic City (Datz Press, 2015). He is currently Associate Professor of Art History and Associate Chair (Research) in the School of Art, Design and Media at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCyprus Historical and Contemporary Studies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight86 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byMichael J. K. Walsh
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.