All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in 1957, the Southern California suburb prophetically named City of Industry today represents, in the words of Victor Valle, --The gritty crossroads of the global trade revolution that is transforming Southern California factories into warehouses, and adjacent working class communities into ecomic and environmental sacrifice zones choking on cheap goods and carcigenic diesel exhaust.---City of Industry- is a stunning exposE on the construction of corporate capitalist spaces.
- Author BiographyVICTOR VALLE, a professor of ethnic studies at California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, is a former Los Angeles Times investigative reporter, a Pulitzer Prize winner, a coauthor of Latino Metropolis, and, most recently, a Radcliffe Fellow.
- Author(s)Victor Valle
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.