Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe life of Paul Metzger, a writer, is in disrepair. Mid-thirties, divorced, underachieving. A mid-winter Sunday in New York sees him traversing the city to visit three people: an elder half-brother who wants little to do with him; a disgraced, dying father, once infamous as a Nazi sympathiser, whose meagre estate has pitted his sons against one ather; and an ex-wife whom Paul still loves. But it is a fourth, unplanned and violent encounter that sets in motion the events of City of Strangers and changes more than one life forever. In a city of many millions of souls, Paul experiences the dawning realisation that he is being followed, and that his watcher means him harm. The story that unfolds over the course of the next week is one of a family inalterably fractured by its past, of a man who refuses to believe that what's done can't be undone, and of a world that catastrophically insists otherwise. City of Strangers is a stunning debut by a gifted young writer, an unforgettable exploration of how we live w, of the city's latent violence, of masculinity, and of the chance encounters upon which lives turn.
- Author BiographyIan MacKenzie graduated from Harvard in 2004. He lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Ian MacKenzie
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Out-of-print date12/05/2017
- Weight242 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.