All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.71
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $130.02
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionDid you hear of the city on the hill? said one old man to the other / It once shined bright, and it would be shining still / But they all started turning on each other. City on the Hill is a story for children ages (4-8) and fans of the popular song of the same name by award-winning Christian band Casting Crowns. With full-color illustrations and rhyming verses the book clearly teaches how the church is depicted as the body of Christ in 1 Corinthians 12. Kids will learn that God made each of them unique and wants us all to work together, using our different gifts to further His kingdom, to be the light of the world, a shining city on a hill that cant be hidden!
- Author BiographyMark Hall has served nearly 20 years in youth ministry, Casting Crowns' lead singer/songwriter and author Mark Hall is the student pastor at Eagle s Landing First Baptist Church in Atlanta. Mark has co-written several best-selling books including Lifestories, Your Own Jesus, and The Well. During an eight-year career as lead singer of Casting Crowns, Mark Hall has seen nine of Casting Crowns projects become RIAA certified, with a tally of one RIAA Double-Platinum Album, three RIAA Platinum Albums, three RIAA Platinum DVDs, one RIAA Gold Album, one RIAA Gold DVD and 4 RIAA Gold Singles, holding position as Billboard s top-selling act in Christian music since 2007. The group also claims two American Music Awards, with six total nominations, 2 Billboard Music Awards, three GRAMMY Awards, and 15 GMA Dove Awards. In addition, Mark has been named BMI Songwriter of the Year.Matthew West is an ASCAP Christian Music Songwriter/Artist of the Year winner and lauded by The New York Times as a vivid and compelling songwriter with impressive approaches to the familiar, four-time GRAMMY(r) nominee Matthew West s discography includes acclaimed releases: Happy (2003), History (2005), Something to Say (2008), The Story of Your Life (2010) and Into The Light (2012). His songwriting credits include cuts by Rascal Flatts, Diamond Rio, Michael W. Smith, Casting Crowns and more.Tatio Viana, a self-taught artist from Madrid, left a decade-long career in advertising to follow his passion for illustration in 2000. Since then, he has breathed life into the pages of math, history, science, and literature textbooks with his rich, vivid illustrations. Outside of the studio, you ll most likely find Tatio swaying to jazz, devouring a book, or laughing with his four-year-old son, Elias.
- Author(s)Matthew West,Professor Mark Hall
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width206 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tatio Viana
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.