All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating collection of archive photographs takes the reader on a stalgic bus and tram ride through the rth-west of Birmingham, from the city centre along the A41 to Hockley, taking in the famous Jewellery Quarter and the many Victorian housing developments around Handsworth. Travelling through numerous shopping centres and the important town centre of West Bromwich with its 'golden mile', the route splits at Carter's green. Taking in the well-kwn steel and tube manufacturing centre Wednesbury, as well as Black Country capital Dudley, this entertaining book is full of detail sure to delight local residents and transport enthusiasts alike.
- Author BiographyDavid Harvey lives in Birmingham and has been a lifelong enthusiast of the city's history. He has written The Inner Circle, The Outer Circle and City to the Lickeys: A Nostalgic Journey by Tram and Bus for The History Press. A retired schoolteacher, he is also the proud owner of a preserved former City of Birmingham double-decker bus!
- Author(s)David Harvey
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight370 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $18.19Trending at AU $21.61
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.86
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.45
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.34
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.