Civil Engineer's Handbook of Professional Practice by Karen Hansen, Kent Zenobia (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $209.03+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $168.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionA well-written, hands-on, single-source guide to the professional practice of civil engineering There is a growing understanding that to be competitive at an international level, civil engineers t only must build on their traditional strengths in techlogy and science but also must acquire greater mastery of the business of civil engineering. Project management, teamwork, ethics, leadership, and communication have been defined as essential to the successful practice of civil engineering by the ASCE in the 2008 landmark publication, Civil Engineering Body of Kwledge for the 21st Century (BOK2). This single-source guide is the first to take the practical skills defined by the ASCE BOK2 and provide illuminating techniques, quotes, case examples, problems, and information to assist the reader in addressing the many challenges facing civil engineers in the real world. Civil Engineer's Handbook of Professional Practice: * Focuses on the business and management aspects of a civil engineer's job, providing students and practitioners with sound business management principles * Addresses contemporary issues such as permitting, globalization, sustainability, and emerging techlogies * Offers proven methods for balancing speed, quality, and price with contracting and legal issues in a client-oriented profession * Includes guidance on juggling career goals, life outside work, compensation, and growth From the challenge of sustainability to the rigors of problem recognition and solving, this book is an essential tool for those practicing civil engineering.
- Author BiographyKaren Lee Hansen, PhD, is Associate Professor of Civil Engineering and Construction Management at California State University. She holds a master of science in construction engineering and management and a doctorate in civil engineering from Stanford University. A former engineering manager at The Boeing Company, Dr. Hansen has worked as a senior project manager and construction engineer for large general contractors in the commercial and industrial sectors. She is a Certified Design-Build Professional, a member of the ASCE and AIA, and has worked with diverse organizations including BAA, Bechtel, City of Los Angeles, Department of Trade and Industry (London), EPA, Ecole Alsacienne (Paris), Ove Arup (London), the Tokyo Institute of Technology, and the Universities of Brighton, Loughborough, Salford, Strathclyde, and Sussex in the UK. Kent E. Zenobia, PE, BCEE, works for the California Department of Water Resources as the Chief of the Project Delivery Branch responsible for major flood reduction and site restoration construction projects. He previously served as a senior program manager at URS Corporation and chief environmental engineer for Kleinfelder. He has more than thirty-five years of professional technical and engineering management experience. He is a Fellow of ASCE, a registered engineer in nine states, and a Board Certified Environmental Engineer, and recognized as a national expert in environmental engineering by the American Academy of Environmental Engineering. He has authored or coauthored significant reports, papers, and articles for clients such as the U.S. Navy, DuPont, Intel, NASA, BP/ARCO, Shell Oil, and the U.S. Air Force, among others.
- Author(s)Karen Hansen,Kent Zenobia
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1424 g
- Width196 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.