All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2003 and again in 2005, the international community was called to take part in a World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS). This two-phase United Nations summit placed an unprecedented global spotlight on information and communication issues. Civil Society, Communication and Global Governance provides a sweeping portrait of the players, structures and themes of the WSIS, as well as a critical analysis of the summit's first phase, the issues it raised and the groundbreaking role played by civil society. Including an extensive bibliography, list of relevant web sites and key documents, this will be a basic reference source for everyone interested in the role of information and communication on shaping twenty-first-century societies.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Marc Raboy is Professor and Beaverbrook Chair in Ethics, Media and Communications in the Department of Art History and Communication Studies at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. A former journalist in a wide variety of media, educated at McGill with a Ph.D. in communication, he is the author or editor of numerous books and articles on media and communication policy, as well as reports for such organizations as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, the Japan Broadcasting Corporation and the European Broadcasting Union. He serves on the council of the International Association for Media and Communication Research and is a founding member of the campaign for Communication Rights in the Information Society. Normand Landry is a graduate student at Universite de Montreal in Montreal, Canada and a research assistant in the communication policy research laboratory. He is also a media activist and an independent journalist.
- Author(s)Marc Raboy,Normand Landry
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.