All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionCivil Society, Post-Colonialism and Transnational Solidarity originates from Louvet's observation of the strong commitment of a layer of Irish civil society- from the man on the street to political parties, associations and trade unions- to the defence of one antagonist or the other in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, beginning with the Six Day War in 1967 and increasingly so after the Leban Wars at the start of the 1980s and the Second Intifada (2000-2005). This book observes how this phemen is particularly striking in Northern Ireland, where Israeli and Palestinian flags have been flown by Unionists and Nationalists as signs of solidarity and identification. Louvet sheds light on the dynamics and strategies at play in the Middle East conflict in Northern Ireland but also in the Republic of Ireland, a country considered to be widely sympathetic to the Palestinian cause. With an overarching perspective highlighting the influence of Irish colonial history over the motives and discourse of the different levels of mobilization in civil society, this book shows the global movement towards the fragmentation and specialization of transnational solidarity actions in Ireland.
- Author BiographyMarie-Violaine Louvet is a Lecturer at Toulouse 1-Capitole University, France. She graduated from the Ecole Normale Superieure de Cachan and is a holder of the Agregation d'anglais. She completed her PhD in 2013 at Paris 3-Sorbonne Nouvelle University. Her research focuses on Ireland and transnational solidarity movements with the Middle East in the twentieth and twenty-first century.
- Author(s)Marie-Violaine Louvet
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/06/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight498 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.