Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.30Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionCollected essays on whether or t civil society is improving the quality of democracy in Latin America.
- Author BiographyRichard Feinberg is professor of international political economy at the Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies, University of California, San Diego. He has written widely on international finance and trade and US-Latin American relations and his latest book is Summitry in the Americas. Currently he teaches a course on civil society in developing economies and is book reviewer for the Western Hemisphere section of Foreign Affairs magazine. Carlos H. Waisman is Professor of Sociology at the University of California, San Diego. Professor Waisman is a comparative political sociologist. His current work deals with the social and political dynamics of neo-mercantilist regimes. He has published Modernization and the Working Class, Reversal of Development in Argentina, Institutional Design in New Democracies (with Arend Lijphart), Spanish and Latin American Transitions to Democracy (with Raanan Rein) and many articles and book chapters. Leon Zamosc is Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of California, San Diego. His work includes books and articles in Spanish and English on rural development, peasant political participation, and indigenous movements in Colombia and Ecuador. He is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of the academic journal Latin American and Caribbean Ethnic Studies.
- Author(s)C. Waisman,Leon Zamosc,R. Feinberg
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/04/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight266 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.