All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are few pieces of pottery more recognisable than those designed by Clarice Cliff. For many the epitome of Art Deco, characterised by bold colour and lines, geometric shapes, and stylised representations of the countryside, Clarice Cliff's 'bizarre' pottery is collected all over the world. Using a wealth of colour illustrations, Will Farmer traces the story of Clarice Cliff and the pottery that she created. Employed in The Potteries from the age of thirteen, Clarice was talented and resourceful, and in 1927 she was given her own studio at the Newport Pottery where, for the next twelve years, she produced a range of sought-after designs that have become icons of the age.
- Author BiographyWill Farmer studied at the Birmingham School of Jewellery and went on to become a director of Fieldings auction house. He is a noted authority on twentieth century decorative arts, in particular glass and ceramics, and is one of the experts on the BBC's 'Antiques Roadshow'. He is a regular contributor to 'BBC Homes and Antiques' magazine.
- Author(s)Will Farmer
- PublisherShire Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2010
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 590
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight159 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.