CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.12
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionClash moves skilfully between the comfortable world of the Bloomsbury artistic set and the poverty-stricken communities of the Yorkshire coalfields. The momentous events of the period are unfolded around the life of Joan Craig, a young trade union official torn between her commitment to the workers' cause and her romantic love for a man t sharing her socialist ideals. The book raises questions about the relationship between the personal and the political and the public and the private that still resonate today. This is the first critical edition of Wilkinson's vel.
- Author BiographyEllen Wilkinson, the first woman Labour MP, is best remembered for leading a march of unemployed from her Jarrow constituency to London in 1936. Her first novel Clash is set a decade earlier, during the General Strike and Miners' Lock-Out of 1926. Wilkinson was sent by the TUC to tour the country in support of the strikers, and the book bears all the marks of her first-hand experience.
- Author(s)Ellen Wilkinson
- PublisherTrent Editions
- Date of Publication22/04/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrent Editions
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byIan Haywood,Maroula Joanou
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.