All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.07
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.32
About this product
- DescriptionCLASS ACTS - SHORT STORIES FOR TEENAGERS is a collection of twelve fast-moving tales of four to thirteen pages in length plus preface centering on issues relevant to adolescents. The CLASS ACTS collection is intended to generate reflection and discussion relating to circumstances or choices adolescents make in their own lives. This work of fiction serves as an engaging and n didactic way to cover topics such as abortion, growing up without a mother or father or both, surviving the divorce of their parents, bullying, t fitting in with peers, consequences for immoral behavior, FWB (Friends With Benefits), and whether or t to serve in the military, to name a few. The work is suitable for independent free reading or - as Simmons used it - for a class literary text.
- Author BiographyLinda Jones Simmons, a transplant from the San Francisco Bay Area, has been a resident of Pasadena for the last four decades. She began her teaching career as vocal music director at Delano High School in Central California, where she remained for three years before heading to Southern California. For the next thirty-three years, Simmons taught vocal music, English, and history for Monrovia Unified School District. As a lifelong choral musician, she has sung with many of America's finest conductors and chorus/orchestra organizations from coast to coast. Now eleven years into her second career in education, she supervises the new secondary teachers in the credential program and is a liaison for Monrovia in the San Gabriel Valley Consortium for induction into the teaching profession. Simmons is the author of This Was Meant to Be - How Loss and Vulnerability Generate Passion and Success (Dorrance, 2012) and the co-author of Learning Can Be Fun - Strategies for Teaching Literature (California Department of Education, 1993). Interests outside of education include music, travel, photography, and athletics. Simmons lived in France and Japan, has enjoyed extensive overseas travel, and speaks French and Spanish.
- Author(s)Linda Jones Simmons
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.