All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome of Britain's finest English comics artists of all time, including Frank Hampson (creator of Dan Dare ) and Frank Bellamy (creator of Heros the Spartan ) also produced strips for the classic British comic Eagle based on stories from the Bible. Now, for the first time ever, all these Bible Stories are being collected, beginning with Frank Hampson's Road of Courage , the life story of Jesus, and 'Mark: The Youngest Disciple', the story of the man who wrote the first New Testament gospel to be circulated. Lavishly reproduced, presented in a high-quality hardback library format, the book also includes supporting material on the background to the bible stories featured in the strips and background on the development of the early Christian church, plus features on the how the strips themselves were created. ' Road to Courage is a vibrant testament to the dedication, power, and sheer artistry of Frank Hampson' - Win Wiacek.
- Author BiographyFrank Hampson was perhaps best known as the creator and original artist for Dan Dare, but he also illustrated a number of children's books for Ladybird. Dan Dare was first published in the British comic The Eagle in April 1950, and was last published as an ongoing series in 1996 - although Dan had undergone more than a few changes by then.
- Author(s)Frank Hampson,Giorgio Bellavita,Marcus Morris
- PublisherTitan Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2010
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTitan Books Ltd
- Content Notecolour comic strip
- Weight662 g
- Width220 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chad Varah
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.