All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title covers everything from the Singapore Sling and the Cosmopolitan to the Martini, with 565 drinks, juices and smoothies shown in more than 1000 photographs. It is a complete guide to making 565 cocktails, juices and smoothies using spirits, liqueurs, wine, beer, mixers, fruits, vegetables, milk, cream and ice cream. It includes all-time classics such as the Gin Sling, Screwdriver and Buck's Fizz, more unusual drinks such as the Barbarella, Blue Hawaiian and Loch Ness, and luxurious juices and smoothies such as the Humzinger, Iced Mango Lassi and Purple Haze. It features an illustrated directory of all the basic types of alcohol and mixers available, including both alcoholic and n-alcoholic beverages, plus a guide to cocktail-making equipment, glasses and garnishes. It includes a useful glossary of drinks termilogy to help you tell the difference between a julep and a smash, a fizz and a frappe, a cup and a punch. This authoritative reference is an essential guide to cocktails, juices and smoothies, and how to mix them. It contains an overview of the different types of alcohol and mixers available: spirits such as gin, vodka and rum; liqueurs such as amaretto, Tia Maria and Chartreuse; wine, champagne and fortified wines; beer and cider; and syrups, coffee and chocolate. It includes classic cocktails going back to the America of the 19th century, drinks from the great jazz era of the 1920s, famous blends that were revived in the 1980s, and the brand-new beverages being drunk in the trendsetting bars of today. Every drink you've ever wanted to try is in this exciting volume.
- Author BiographyStuart Walton is a prolific writer and commentator on wines and spirits. He is a contributor to World of Fine Wine and Decanter magazines, and www.wine-pages.com. Suzannah Olivier is a leading nutritionist and the author of many health books. She writes for newspapers and magazines, and runs her own health and nutrition website. Joanna Farrow is a cooking writer and food stylist, contributing articles to various magazines, and writing a diverse array of books on food and family cooking.
- Author(s)Joanna Farrow,Stuart Walton,Suzannah Olivier
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication14/04/2014
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 1000 photographs
- Weight1134 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $27.25Trending at AU $28.05
- AU $30.88Trending at AU $31.66
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $36.76
- AU $44.89Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $42.65Trending at AU $44.71
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $34.42
- AU $33.83Trending at AU $39.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.