All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents instructions for making hundreds of cocktails and drinks, including all-time favourites such as the Dry Martini and Grasshopper, and more unusual drinks such as the Blue Hawaiian and Passion Punch. It includes a guide to the types of drinks and mixers available, including alcoholic and n-alcoholic drinks. A techniques section explains how to measure, mix and pour drinks, with step-by-step photographs showing how to frost a glass, use a cocktail shaker and make decorative fruit twists. With a useful guide to termilogy to help you tell the difference between a chaser and an aperitif, a fizz and a frappe, and many more. This title includes alcohol and nutritional breakdowns so you can plan your drinking. It features gorgeous colour photography throughout. This beautiful volume is an essential reference for every home bartender, covering a vast array of cocktails and drinks. There are instructions for making both alcoholic and n-alcoholic drinks, accompanied by glorious colour photographs. All the cocktail favourites are featured, as well as some more unusual drinks to try. At the back of the book is a guide to the different types of alcohol and mixers available, including spirits, liqueurs, fortified wines, beer and wine. There is also a fascinating history of alcohol, plus a useful guide to bartending equipment, glasses, garnishes and tricks of the trade. Practical advice is given on how to prepare a party, together with information about alcohol and health, including tips for safe drinking and avoiding hangovers.
- Author BiographyStuart Walton has been writing about alcoholic drinks since the early 1990s. A prolific writer and commentator on wines and spirits, he is currently writing for the London Paper, World of Fine Wine magazine and www.wine-pages.com. He is also the author of The New Encyclopedia of Wine (Lorenz Books) as well as You Heard It Through The Grapevine, Out Of It: A Cultural History of Intoxication and (with Jeffrey Benson) The Right Wine with the Right Food.
- Author(s)Stuart Walton
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Note250 photographs
- Weight1611 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.