All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.08Trending at AU $27.49
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.78
- AU $41.61Trending at AU $46.55
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.59
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.59
- AU $30.27Trending at AU $31.07
About this product
- DescriptionFive unforgettable vels have been turned into fantastic audiobooks written by the award-winning former Children's Laureate, Michael Morpurgo. The vels chosen for this collection are 'Dear Olly', 'Billy the Kid', 'Out of the Ashes', 'Farm Boy' and 'Kaspar'. OUT OF THE ASHES When Becky Morley begins keeping her diary in January, foot and mouth disease is just an item on the news, something happening hundreds of miles from her family's farm in Devon. But w the nightmare is a few fields away and local flocks are being destroyed. Will the Morleys' animals be next? Will their cattle, their sows and piglets escape the cull? And what about Little Josh, Becky's hand-reared lamb? The waiting and hoping is the most agonising experience of Becky's life...BILLY THE KID Billy the Kid is told through the voice of an 80 year old man, who looks back on his life as Chelsea's champion striker until the outbreak of war in 1939 and on through his subsequent life. FARM BOY Set on a farm in rural Devon, this is a collection of Grandpa's reminiscences and stories as told to his grandson. Grandpa's nature and his touching relationship with the boy is evoked superbly by Michael Morpurgo's writing. KASPAR Kaspar the cat first came to the Savoy Hotel in a basket - Johnny Trott kws, because he was the one who carried him in. Johnny was a bell-boy, you see, and he carried all of Countess Kandinsky's things to her room. DEAR OLLY A moving story of a brother, a sister and...a swallow and how all are in some way victims of the horrors of landmines.
- Author BiographyMichael Morpurgo OBE is one of Britain's best-loved writers for children. He has written over 100 books and won many prizes, including the Smarties Prize, the Blue Peter Book Award and the Whitbread Award. His recent bestselling novels include 'Shadow', 'A Medal for Leroy' and 'Little Manfred'. His novel 'War Horse' has been successfully adapted as a West End and Broadway theatre play and a major film by Steven Spielberg. A former Children's Laureate, Michael is also the co-founder, with his wife Clare, of the charity Farms for City Children.
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight210 g
- Width139 mm
- Height142 mm
- Read byCast
- Contained items statement9 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time540
- Edition StatementUnabridged
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.