All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past thirty years or so, many changes have taken place on Britain's railway system - ne more so than in the 1980s and '90s - with the withdrawal of many classes of diesel locomotives, thus cutting down greatly on the number of locomotive-hauled passenger trains. However, although classes such as Deltics, Class 40s, 45s and 50s have long been withdrawn, many examples of these classes have been preserved, and over the last few years have been seen on the main lines in charge of special enthusiasts' trains. Coupled with the withdrawals of many classes of freight locomotive and the disappearance of much infrastructure, the changes become very ticeable. Roger Siviter's book sets out to show a great many of the w 'classic' locomotives in their everyday work of yesteryear, but also some of the many specials they can be seen on today in this impressive collection of colour photography.
- Author BiographyRoger Siviter is an associate member of the Royal Photographic Society and has been a railway photographer for 45 years. He is the author of more than 40 books, including Diesel Decade and Memories of Steam.
- Author(s)Roger Siviter
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $31.04Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.