All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionAn entertaining overview of vintage fishing gear, this book takes you back in time to fishing's golden age. Remember when the lakes were constantly full and the rivers ran a little faster each year? Memories of your favorite fishing hole will come flooding back when you take a look through the gorgeous photographs included in Classic Fishing Lures and Tackle. Stunning artwork completes this stalgic look at the sport of fishing, including intricate still life photographs of collectible lures and flys, fish spearing decoys, bobbers and sinkers, plus period ads and literature. Do you have a fishing enthusiast in your life? Or are you more interested in taking up fishing as a hobby during retirement? Whether you grew up fishing or are just curious about the early years of the sport, Classic Fishing Lures and Tackle is a joy to look through with classic lures and tackle as well as modern pieces. Female fisherman will love this book just as much as fathers and grandfathers do. With information on all the classic manufacturers, such as Heddon, Pflueger, Shakespeare, South Bend, and Orvis, this makes the perfect gift for yourself or the fishing enthusiast and collector on your giving list!
- Author BiographyEric L. Sorenson, an award winning sports editor and outdoors writer based in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, began fishing thirty years ago as a child, exploring the pristine lakes of northern Minnesota and the Twin Cities with his grandfather. Eric, who earned his bachelor of arts degree from the University of Minnesota's School of Journalism and Mass Communications, has contributed his freelance articles to outdoors magazines such as the In-Fisherman, the Walleye In-Sider, Mid West Outdoors, and Outdoor News. Eric has also published The Angler's Guide to Freshwater Fish of North America. When not writing, he is most commonly found on a trout stream; he also fishes for trophy muskies, walleyes, panfish, steelhead, and salmon.
- Author(s)Eric Lowell Sorenson
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width224 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.