All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGerman baking has influenced baking traditions around the world for generations and is a source of great stalgia for those of German and Central European heritage. Yet the very best recipes for Germany's cookies, cakes, tortes, and breads, passed down through generations, have never before been collected and perfected for contemporary American home bakers. Enter Luisa Weiss, the Berlin-based creator of the adored Wednesday Chef blog and self-taught ambassador of the German baking can. From her cheerful Berlin kitchen, Weiss shares more than 100 rigorously researched and tested recipes, gathered from expert bakers, friends, family, and time-hored sources throughout Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Whether you're in the mood for the simple yet emblematic Streuselkuchen, crisp and flaky Strudel, or classic breakfast Brotchen, every recipe you're looking for is here, along with detailed advice to ensure success plus delightful storytelling about the origins, meaning, and rituals behind the recipes. Paired with more than 100 photographs of Berlin and delectable baked goods, such as Elisenlebkuchen, Marmorierter Mohnkuchen, and Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte, this book will encourage home bakers of all skill levels to delve into the charm of Germany's rich baking tradition.Classic German Baking is an authoritative collection of recipes that provides delicious inspiration for any time of day, whether it's for a special breakfast, a celebration with friends and family, or just a regular afteron coffee-and-cake break, an important part of everyday German life.
- Author BiographyLUISA WEISS is a Berlin-born, American-Italian food writer who grew up eating warm Streuselschnecken on her way to school and believes dark winter days are best enjoyed whilst sharing Lebkuchen and Zimtsterne with family and friends. Luisa is the creator of the blog The Wednesday Chef and author of the lauded memoir, My Berlin Kitchen. Her work has been featured on Design*Sponge and National Public Radio and in Food&Wine, the Wall Street Journal, the Boston Globe, and Harper's Bazaar Germany, among many others. She lives in Berlin with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Luisa Weiss
- PublisherTen Speed Press
- Date of Publication17/10/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Note100 photos
- Weight1134 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.