All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis poignant and beautiful record of Canada's First Nations people and their culture, as seen through the eyes of talented photographers, is a fascinating glimpse into Canada's past. Of great historical and aesthetic interest, this collection of photographs captures the diversity and dignity of First Nations during a time of tumultuous change. Assembled by Edward Cavell, a former curator at Banff's Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies, the photographs span the period from the infancy of photography to the more sophisticated techlogy of 1920.
- Author BiographyEdward Cavell has worked with historical photography in Canada for more than 30 years. Once the curator at the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies in Banff, Alberta, and author of seven illustrated histories, Edward has pored through many hundreds of thousands of photographs in archives, museums and private collections across Canada and abroad. Since 1992, he and his wife, Donna Livingstone, have operated Livingstone & Cavell Extraordinary Toys, a shop dedicated to nostalgic collector toys and quirky novelty items, in Calgary, Alberta.
- Author(s)Edward Cavell
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication05/08/2009
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Note50 b/w photos
- Weight188 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.