All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents traditional food and cooking in 25 authentic dishes. You can discover the distinctive tastes of this Scandinavian cuisine from weekday family meals to dishes for special occasions. It includes traditional recipes for soups, vegetables and salads, fish and seafood, poultry and game birds, meat, and desserts and pastries. The introduction offers a fascinating overview of Danish cooking and eating traditions plus a concise guide to the classic ingredients of the country. The delectable recipes include Lemon-marinated Salmon with Horseradish Dressing, Roast Duck with Prunes and Apples, Rice Pudding with Hot Cherry Sauce, and Sugar and Spice Cookies. It also includes a selection of Denmark's fabulous and famous open sandwiches. It includes beautiful photographs of practical steps and final dishes, plus nutritional information for every recipe. This beautiful little book is an inspirational guide to the culinary delights of Denmark. Traditional Danish food is based around the natural bounty of the land, with fresh fish from the seas and rivers, and delicious pork and dairy products from the animals that graze on its fertile pastures. The Danes believe strongly in a homely family life and their cooking reflects that desire for comfort. Try Roast Pork with Hasselback Potatoes, Chicken Soup with Dumplings, and Layer Cake with Cream. Lighter recipes in this book include some of the tempting pickled and smoked fish recipes that are so popular as well as summer desserts such as Red Berry Soup and Applesauce Cake. This collection will delight any cook wishing to explore authentic Danish cooking.
- Author BiographyJudith H. Dern has held a lifelong passion for Scandinavian food. She has visited Scandinavia many times to explore its unique cuisine. As an independent writer has been published in US regional and national magazines and she has written cookbooks on a variety of subjects. John Nielsen was born and educated in Denmark. After graduating as a master pastry chef he emigrated to America and opened his Seattle bakery, Nielsen's Danish Pastries. He continues to introduce his customers to authentic Danish confectionery.
- Author(s)John Nielsen,Judith H. Dern
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 85 photographs
- Weight258 g
- Width169 mm
- Height166 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $13.11Trending at AU $17.19
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $33.25Trending at AU $34.40
- AU $32.09Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $35.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.