All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book features traditional food and cooking in 25 authentic dishes. You can discover the unexpected delights of Finland's hearty cuisine in this little book on Finnish food and cooking. You can explore the wide range of fresh, seasonal ingredients in more than 25 recipes, ranging from classic dishes such as Baltic Herrings with Caper Butter, and Cloudberry Mousse, to fusion recipes that reveal diverse influences, such as Reindeer Pot au Feu, and Russian-inspired Easter Bread. The introduction offers a concise overview of this exciting culinary tradition, plus a guide to the main ingredients of the country. It is illustrated with wonderful photographs by William Lingwood of practical steps and final dishes. The spellbinding landscape of Finland is dominated by more than 180,00 lakes and 175,000 islands with vast expanses of unspoilt boreal forests. Wild meat, seasonal berries, indigeus vegetables and freshwater fish abound and, combined with traditional cooking methods such as baking, casseroling and pickling, have resulted in a healthy, hearty and seasonal culinary tradition.These delicious recipes offer a tantalizing taste of both historical and contemporary Finnish cooking. There are age-old classics such as Crayfish Soup, and Trout with Cucumber and Horseradish, as well as more recent adaptions such as Karelian Hot-Pot, and Lingonberry and Semolina Pudding. Packed with beautiful photography, cook's tips, variations and nutritional information for each recipe, this unique little book is a must for anyone interested in learning about this fascinating cuisine.
- Author BiographyAnja Hill grew up on her parents' farm near Lahti in southern Finland. She is married to chef Shaun Hill and now lives in England. For 10 years Anja shared the cooking with her husband at their Michelin starred restaurant in Ludlow, The Merchant House.
- Author(s)Anja Hill
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 85 photographs
- Weight254 g
- Width172 mm
- Height166 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Cook Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $31.27
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.00
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $31.21Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $25.75Trending at AU $28.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.