All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis title explores the rich and varied delights of German cuisine with 25 classic recipes presented in this stylish gift book. It features a fabulous collection of recipes from the heart of Germany including Pickled Matje Herrings, Bavarian Meatloaf, Roast Duck with Savoy Cabbage, Lebkuchen, and Black Forest Gateau. Chapters include Soups and Appetizers; Main Meals; Vegetables and Side Dishes; and Desserts, Cakes and Bakes. The introduction offers a fascinating overview of German cooking and touches upon the landscape, festivals and key ingredients used in the German kitchen. Each recipe is beautifully photographed and the recipe instructions are easy to follow, guaranteeing success. Complete nutritional information is given for every recipe to help with dietary planning. The robust food and cooking of Germany has proved enduringly popular across the world. Pork, tomatoes, and spices are the basis of many of Germany's classic dishes alongside their justly famous sausages. Germans also have a sweet tooth and their cakes and pastries are universally admired. This little cookbook offers a wonderful taste of Germany's culinary heritage with over 25 mouthwatering recipes. Hearty and urishing, the selected dishes represent the very best that Germany has to offer and each recipe introduction gives a fascinating insight into the background of German cuisine. Wonderfully photographed throughout, this book will delight all those keen to experience the traditional cooking of Germany.
- Author BiographyMirko Trenkner decided to become a chef at the age of 12. He studied cooking in the gourmet French-inspired restaurant of the Berlin Hilton Hotel, then went back to his German roots working all over the country, ending up at the famous Landhaus Flottbek in Hamburg. For the past few years Mirko has been a freelance chef and gastronomic advisor for the CMA, the central marketing organization of German agriculture, giving guests all over the world an insight into German cuisine.
- Author(s)Mirko Trenkner
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 85 photographs
- Weight249 g
- Width160 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.