All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the best traditional food and cooking in 25 authentic regional dishes. You can explore the rich and varied delights of authentic Polish cuisine with 25 classic recipes. It features a wonderful collection of distinctive dishes and Polish specialities including Red Borscht, Hunter's Stew, Carp with Horseradish Sauce, Mushroom Dumplings, Stuffed Cabbage Rolls, Spiced Red Cabbage, and Honey and Almond Cookies. Chapters include Soups and Appetizers; Main Meals; Vegetables and Side Dishes; and Desserts, Cakes and Bakes. The introduction introduces the geography, culinary traditions and festivals of Poland, as well as describing the key ingredients of the region. It includes over 85 glorious photographs, showing key techniques and a perfect image of each finished dish. Complete nutritional information is given for every recipe to help with dietary planning. Poland is a land where good food and warm hospitality is at the heart of everyday life. Rooted in the tradition of living off the land, staple ingredients such as cereals, fish, pork and game and seasonal fruits are lovingly prepared to produce wholesome dishes that satisfy both body and soul. This delightful cookbook first explores the culinary traditions and key ingredients which have had such an impact on the national cusine. There then follows a carefully chosen collection of 25 classic step-by-step recipes. The nation's best-loved dishes are featured including Potato Pancakes, Fried Carp in Breadcrumbs, Wild Boar with Sweet and Sour Sauce, Poppy Seed Cake and Easter Cake. Beautiful photographs of each finished dish and clear step-by-step text culminate in a book that captures the essence of Polish food and cooking, and will delight any lover of authentic national cuisines.
- Author BiographyEwa Michalik attributes her love of food to her mother, whom she spent many hours cooking alongside in the town of Grybow in the Carpathian mountains. Since 1991 she has run the Patio Restaurant in London, one of the oldest and most successful Polish restaurants in the city. She prides herself in serving light, fresh and delicious classic cuisine, and has significantly advanced the popularity of Polish food.
- Author(s)Ewa Michalik
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content NoteOver 85 photographs
- Weight254 g
- Width168 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.