All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title deals with traditional food and cooking in 25 authentic dishes. You can discover the delights of Welsh food and cooking with ingredients sourced from rugged shorelines and mountaius peaks to rich, fertile valleys and sleepy fishing villages. You can try fabulous Welsh recipes, from everyday fare such as Welsh Rarebit, Fish Pie and Bara Brith teabread to more unusual regional dishes, such as Laverbread Cakes and Bacon, or Katt Pie. The introduction offers a concise overview of this unexplored culinary tradition, plus a guide to the most popular ingredients in the country. It features enticing breakfasts, warming soups, delicate fish, hearty stews, tempting side dishes, plus delectable puddings, teatime cakes and sustaining bakes. Nutritional information for every recipe is provided. It is illustrated with wonderful photographs by Craig Robertson of practical steps and final dishes. Wales is justly famous for its unspoilt landscapes and fresh, natural ingredients. This beautiful little book provides a tasty sampler of the country's cuisine.Discover a wealth of dishes including Glamorgan Sausages, Bacon with Parsley Sauce, Lamb Broth and Scallops with Bacon and Sage, as well as intriguing local treats such as Bakestone Bread, Anglesey Eggs and Swdon Pudding. Packed with 130 pictures, cook's tips, variations and complete nutritional information, this book is essential reading for anyone who would like to discover the hidden secrets of Wales' culinary heritage.
- Author BiographyAnnette Yates co-runs the food consultancy Taste Talk. She is a keen supporter of local Welsh food producers and is the author of many cook-books on British cuisine, slow cooking and bread making.
- Author(s)Annette Yates
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 130 photographs
- Weight249 g
- Width160 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.37Trending at AU $21.23
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $44.74
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.16
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $9.15
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.37
- AU $33.93Trending at AU $35.43
- AU $13.64Trending at AU $14.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.