Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionShowbiz might t be the second oldest profession, but it's t far off. Ever since Nero fiddled while Rome burned and Salome demanded so outrageous a fee for dropping her veils that she ended up with the worst tice in history, the human instinct to get up and perform has produced a pleasing mountain of ill-timed gaffes 'Classic Showbiz Clangers' collects some of the more engaging - or torious - examples from the 20th and 21st centuries, ranging from Hugh Grant's ill-advised encounter with the divine Divine Brown in a white BMW to the over-eager radio anuncer who invited his listeners to 'stay stewed for the nudes' as a news-flash beckoned. David Mortimer's hilarious look at stage, screen, variety, panto and more will lead you to discover how the great Edmund Kean single-handedly wrecked a performance of 'Macbeth' and what cured Wina Ryder of shopping, t to mention Bob Monkhouse's unique method of sorting out a heckler. And if that seems a little tame, what was it that Angus Deayton was able to teach Caroline Martin that she didn't already kw? Read on and find out!
- Author BiographyDavid Mortimer's other titles published by Robson Books are 'Classic Cricket Clangers' (1861056133), 'Classic Rugby Clangers' (1861056125), 'Classic Football Clangers' (186105744X). Classic Golf Clangers' (1861057431) and the new title 'Classic Political Clangers' (1861059299). He lives in Cuckfield, West Sussex.
- Author(s)David Mortimer
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication27/04/2006
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobson Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date15/08/2012
- Content NoteNo illustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width214 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.