All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike other Asian cultures of the 17th and 18th centuries, the Chinese did t sit on the floor. The simple fact that the Manchu invaders imported highly flexible furniture from their yurts influenced the development of Chinese design and decorative arts. Within a few years of the Manchu invasion, Chinese craftsmen combined their highly refined design aesthetic with extraordinary exotic woods, veneers, and lacquer to create some of the finest furniture ever made. Classical Chinese Furniture illuminates this fascinating and little-kwn area of Chinese decorative art. These beautiful stools, desks, chairs, bureaus, and storage pieces are highly sought after and have become the fastest growing area of collecting within China itself. Over the past four years the prices for Chinese furniture have increased exponentially as impassioned Chinese collectors rediscover the glory of their artistic patrimony. This distinguished book is a multifaceted experience, with appeal to collectors and experts, Western and Chinese, as well as anyone interested in furniture, aesthetics, design, Asian culture, architecture, and interiors, or simply fascinated by the outstanding beauty of the pieces themselves.
- Author BiographyMarcus Flacks has been one of the forces behind the rediscovery of Chinese furniture over the past 20 years. He has mounted a host of exhibitions to introduce this field to Western and Chinese collectors alike.
- Author(s)Marcus Flacks
- PublisherVendome Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVendome Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight2600 g
- Width277 mm
- Height325 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.