All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassical architecture employs a rich language developed across 25 centuries and many cultures. It is a language of details understood worldwide with its powerful vocabulary of subtle nuance and inflection. Within the study of architecture, the subject of classical interiors has garnered a mir position in the coverage of 20th-century design, as has the general subject of classical architecture after the 1930s. 'Classical Interiors' explores the architecture of the interior as expressed through the dazzling varieties of classical forms. The pursuit of beauty through the language of its details is a primary aim of classicists, and its important function is addressed in essays by ted scholar and author Elizabeth Meredith Dowling.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Meredith Dowling is Professor Emerita of Architecture at the Georgia Institute of Technology and the author of American Classicist: The Architecture of Philip Trammell Shutze, New Classicism: The Rebirth of Traditional Architecture, and Michael G. Imber: Ranches, Villas, and Houses. David Watkin is Emeritus Professor of the History of Architecture and Emeritus Fellow of Peterhouse, University of Cambridge. Carol A. Hrvol Flores is Emerita Professor in the College of Architecture and Planning at Ball State University and the author of Owen Jones: Design, Ornament, Architecture and Theory in an Age of Transition. Richard Sammons is design director of Fairfax & Sammons Architects and has taught at the Prince of Wales' Institute of Architecture in London, the Pratt Institute in New York, and the University of Notre Dame in Rome.
- Author(s)David Watkin,Elizabeth Meredith Dowling
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note550 Colour
- Weight3697 g
- Width279 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine49 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.