Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.14+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionClassics in Lesbian Studies takes a major step in giving the lesbian experience its own unique voice within scholarship and the larger world society. Thus, it is devoted exclusively to the lesbian experience and serves as a vehicle for the promotion of scholarship and commentary on lesbianism from an international perspective. Not only does it ensure that classic pieces are t forgotten by new generations of students and scholars, it also spurs further lesbian research, writing, theory, and scholarship. In Classics in Lesbian Studies, you are introduced to descriptive, theoretical, empirical, applied, and multicultural perspectives in the field of lesbian studies. Interdisciplinary, the book presents pieces from various academic areas in multiple formats, including personal accounts, poetry, editorials, debates, and commentaries. For your convenience, the chapters are organized primarily across four categories: identity, history and literature, physical and social sciences, and back to lesbian politics. You will find the discussions of the following issues and subjects provocative and insightful: * ways black women in the diaspora construct and name their sexual and romantic feelings for other women * lesbian identity formation in a changing social environment * how lesbians maneuver in the dominant culture and their own subculture * lesbianism as a political movement * the experiences of lesbian adolescents * teaching lesbian studies * lesbians and societal institutions, including the work place, the media, the political arena, the legal system, and religion * using lesbian-feminist scholarship to reexamine women's lives in the past Students, scholars, lesbian feminists, and others interested in lesbian studies will find Classics in Lesbian Studies a vital examination of lesbianism since its grass roots. Not only does it consider the progress made since the initial days of fighting for liberation, it also explores a more distant, repressed past and anticipates future possibilities lying before us. This powerful, insightful collection is sure to become a classic as it grapples with virtually all aspects of lesbianism, from its inception as a political movement to its identity as a lifestyle choice to its implications of community.
- Author(s)Esther D. Rothblum
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/12/1996
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarrington Park Press Inc
- Weight453 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.