All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrasp the important themes, perspectives, and theories of the field with CLASSICS OF ORGANIZATION THEORY, 8e. This collection of the most enduring works in organization theory, written by distinguished theorists, describes what organization theory is, how it has developed, and how its development has coincided with events and changes in other fields.
- Author BiographyJ. Steven Ott is a professor and dean emeritus at the University of Utah. He has written numerous books on organization theory, organizational behavior, nonprofit organizations, and organizational culture. His recent journal articles have appeared in the International Journal of Organization Theory and Behavior, Public Organization Review, Public Performance & Management Review, Public Administration Review, and Public Integrity. He teaches organizational behavior, organizational leadership and change, the nonprofit sector in society, nonprofit organization management, and organization theory. Ott worked as a management consultant to organizations in the nonprofit and public sectors for 26 years before joining the faculties at the universities of Maine and Utah. His Ph.D. is from the University of Colorado, his M.S. from the Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and his B.A. form Pennsylvania State University. Jay M. Shafritz is Professor of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. He is the author, co-author, or editor of over forty textbooks and reference books on business and public administration. He holds a doctorate from Temple University and an MPA from the Baruch College of the City University of New York. Yong Suk Jang is a professor of Public Administration at Yonsei University. He received his Ph.D. in sociology from Stanford University and taught at the University of Utah (2001-2004) and Korea University (2004-2008). His current research interests include macro-comparative analyses of nation-states and organizations, governance, and neo-institutionalism. Recent publications include Classics of Organization Theory, 6th & 7th ed. (Wadsworth Cengage Learning) and articles in Administrative Science Quarterly, Asian Business and Management, Sociological Perspectives, International Sociology, International Journal of Comparative Sociology, Social Science Computer Review, Development and Society, Korean Public Administration Review, Journal of Korean Association for Policy Studies, The Journal of Educational Administration, Review of International Area Studies, and Quarterly Journal of Labor Policy, Human Resource Management Review, and Korean Journal of Sociology.
- Author(s)J. Ott,Jay Shafritz,Yong Suk Jang
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Weight680 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement8th edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.