Classification, Parameter Estimation and State Estimation: An Engineering Approach Using MATLAB by Dick de Ridder, David M. J. Tax, Ferdinand van der Heijden, Robert Duin (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $313.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionClassification, Parameter Estimation and State Estimation is a practical guide for data analysts and designers of measurement systems and postgraduates students that are interested in advanced measurement systems using MATLAB. 'Prtools' is a powerful MATLAB toolbox for pattern recognition and is written and owned by one of the co-authors, B. Duin of the Delft University of Techlogy. After an introductory chapter, the book provides the theoretical construction for classification, estimation and state estimation. The book also deals with the skills required to bring the theoretical concepts to practical systems, and how to evaluate these systems.Together with the many examples in the chapters, the book is accompanied by a MATLAB toolbox for pattern recognition and classification. The appendix provides the necessary documentation for this toolbox as well as an overview of the most useful functions from these toolboxes. With its integrated and unified approach to classification, parameter estimation and state estimation, this book is a suitable practical supplement in existing university courses in pattern classification, optimal estimation and data analysis.This book: covers all contemporary main methods for classification and estimation; takes an integrated approach to classification, parameter estimation and state estimation; highlights the practical deployment of theoretical issues; provides a concise and practical approach supported by MATLAB toolbox; and, offers exercises at the end of each chapter and numerous worked out examples. PRtools toolbox (MATLAB) and code of worked out examples are available from the internet. It also includes many examples showing implementations in MATLAB. This book enables students to practice their skills using a MATLAB environment.
- Author BiographyF. van der Heijden, Laboratory for Measurement and Instrumentation, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Twente, P.O. Box 217, 7500AE Enschede, The Netherlands His main research area is in Measurement and Instrumentation at an academic level and covers sensors and micro measurement systems, and image based measurement systems. He has written books, many book chapters and journal articles. R.P.W. Duin, Pattern Recognition Group, Delft University of Technology, Department of Imaging Sciences & Technology Lorentzeg 1-2628 CD Delft, The Netherlands His research includes: theory and applications of image processing and pattern recognition, with a special interest in sensors, measurements and measurement accuracy. He also studies the development and use of tools in this area. He has written 6 books (in English and Dutch) and many journal and conference papers and chapters in books. He is a member of Advanced School for Computing and Imaging (ASCI), Dutch Pattern Recognition Society (NVPHBV), International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR) and IAPR Technical Committee TC1 (statistical pattern recognition). D. de Ridder, Pattern Recognition Group, Delft University of Technology, Department of Imaging Sciences & Technology Lorentzeg 1-2628 CD Delft, The Netherlands He mainly works on methods for mapping high-dimensional measurement sets to low-dimensional representations, suitable for subsequent regression or classification. He works closely with R Duin and has co-written many papers with him. D.M.J. Tax, Fraunhofer FIRST.IDA, Kekul-estr. 7, D-12489, Berlin, Germany His main research interest is one-class classification. He was the author/co-author of many journal publications
- Author(s)David M. J. Tax,Dick de Ridder,Ferdinand van der Heijden,Robert Duin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2004
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Out-of-print date03/05/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight768 g
- Width164 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.