CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe problem of classifying the finite-dimensional simple Lie algebras over fields of characteristic p > 0 is a long-standing one. Work on this question during the last 35 years has been directed by the Kostrikin-Shafarevich Conjecture of 1966, which states that over an algebraically closed field of characteristic p > 5 a finite-dimensional restricted simple Lie algebra is classical or of Cartan type. This conjecture was proved for p > 7 by Block and Wilson in 1988. The generalization of the Kostrikin-Shafarevich Conjecture for the general case of t necessarily restricted Lie algebras and p > 7 was anunced in 1991 by Strade and Wilson and eventually proved by Strade in 1998. The final Block-Wilson-Strade-Premet Classification Theorem is a landmark result of modern mathematics and can be formulated as follows: Every finite-dimensional simple Lie algebra over an algebraically closed field of characteristic p > 3 is of classical, Cartan, or Melikian type. This is the second volume by the author, presenting the state of the art of the structure and classification of Lie algebras over fields of positive characteristic, an important topic in algebra. The contents is leading to the forefront of current research in this field.
- Author BiographyHelmut Strade, University of Hamburg, Germany.
- Author(s)Helmut Strade
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication25/06/2009
- Series TitleDe Gruyter Expositions in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 42
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, figures
- Weight777 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.