All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn classrooms that operate as learning communities, the social and learning purposes advance together through all participants being involved and engaged in building kwledge. This book demonstrates a new way of seeing and managing classrooms through: * an integration of what's best in learning and what's best in the social life of classrooms * a vision of the role of the teacher that is more creative and more related to the commitments of teachers * a more connected view of schools in contrast to the mechanistic view that currently dominates * an answer to the short-term performance pressures of politicians - better performance. The practice and vision of classrooms that operate as learning communities is presented clearly and encourages teachers to take steps towards building a more effective classroom with the aspects of learning communities they choose.
- Author BiographyChris Watkins is a reader in education at the University of London, Institute of Education and course tutor to the MA in Effective Learning. He has been a teacher and worked with pupils whose effect on school was sometimes disruptive. For twenty years he has contributed to improvements in tutoring, mentoring, classroom behaviour, school behaviour and learning.
- Author(s)Chris Watkins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWhat's in it for Schools?
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.