Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.30Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1. John Ringo has over <b>two million</b> books in print. 2. He has written <b>six <i>New York Times</i> best sellers</b>. 3. The first vel in his Posleen War series, <i>A Hymn Before Battle</i>, was praised by <i>Booklist</i> as practically impossible t to read in one sitting. <i>Gust Front</i>, the second vel in the series, has an 85% sell through in <i>hardcover </i>and currently has an 82% sell through in mass market. 4. A veteran of the 82nd Airborne, Ringo brings military characters and their explosive battles to vivid, three-dimensional life. 5. Travis S. Taylor's science background and profound kwledge complement Ringo's military realism with scientific realism, filling the vel with breakthroughs and theories from the frontier's of today's science, as he did in <i>The Quantum Connection, </i> praises by <i>Publisher's Weekly</i> as dazzling...cutting-edge scientific possibilities...stimulating and satisfying... 6. Four color series brochure 7. Special kit mailing 8. BookSense mailing 9. Postcards 10. Bookmarks 11. Large 1,000+ mailing of ARCs 12. Incremental co-op $2.00 per book 13. Teaser chapter in the mass market of <i>Vorpal Blade</i> 14. Series advertising in <i>Locus, </i> more 15. Trade advertising 16. Special backlist discounts for John Ringo titles <i>It's Not Over Til The Skinny Lady Sings .</i> . . Working off of a piece of intelligence from the alien Hexosehr, the <i>Vorpal Blade</i> is dispatched to investigate rumors of an ancient and powerful civilization that may have been the creators of the black box that drives humanity's only space ship. Any remnant techlogy would be nice but what the <i>Blade</i> finds is much more than they bargained for. Worse, the ship is infested by an alien species of scorpion-like arachids that has the potential to wipe out a world. Worst of all, instead of being Astrogator, Captain William Weaver is w the XO and he is <i>t</i> getting along with the new commander. And the new commander does t get along with Weaver, the ship's female savant-linguist or most of the rest of the original crew. And what <i>is</i> that weird ise the ship makes every time it's in hard maneuvers? Leave it to the oddball geniuses of the <i>Blade</i> to sort it all out. And the Dreen are <i>t </i>going to like the answers.
- Author Biography<b>John Ringo</b> is author of the <i>New York Times</i> best-selling Posleen War series which so far includes <i>A Hymn Before Battle</i>, <i>Gust Front</i>, <i>When the Devil Dances</i>, and <i>Hell's Faire</i>, as well as the connected novels <i>Cally's War</i> (with Julie Cochrane), <i>The Hero</i> (with Michael Z. Williamson), and <i>Watch on the Rhine</i> (with Tom Kratman), and is the hottest new science fiction writer since David Weber. A veteran of the 82nd Airborne, Ringo brings first-hand knowledge of military operations to his novels of high-tech future war. <b>Travis S. Taylor</b>-- Doc Taylor to his friends--has earned his soubriquet the hard way: He has a doctorate in optical science and engineering, a master's degree in physics, a master's degree in aerospace engineering, a master's degree in astronomy, and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. Dr. Taylor has worked on various programs for the Department of Defense and NASA for the past sixteen years. He's currently working on several advanced propulsion concepts, very large space telescopes, space-based beamed energy systems, and next generation space launch concepts. He lives in Harvest, AL with his wife Karen and their daughter.
- Author(s)John Ringo,Travis S. Taylor
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication04/11/2008
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Weight567 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.