All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is to be recommended to all who want to understand the working of the financial system and its likely evolution ahead of us. Alberto Giovannini, former chief policy advisor of the European Commission's Clearance and Settlement Advisory Group Unlike other areas of financial services, the law of clearing and settlement is t harmonised or subject to all-embracing EU directives, which has allowed diverse national approaches to develop. Overlaid on that are themes of EU policy, including stimulating competition, promoting systemic stability, and creating a single market in financial services. The themes do t work consistently towards the same objectives, creating a complex subject in which risks and rights are poorly understood. Clearing and Settlement in Europe aims to clarify and explain this increasingly important area for banks in a practical and accessible way. Contents includes: Structure of the clearing and settlement industry; Law of clearing and settlement; Risk management; Operations.
- Author BiographyDermot Turing is a consultant with the financial regulation group at Clifford Chance in London. He specialises in bank and investment firm regulation including regulatory capital, licensing, conduct of business rules, bank/investment firm structure, counterparty risk management, netting, collateral, financial institution insolvency, clearing and settlement and international surveys.
- Author(s)Dermot Turing
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Professional
- Out-of-print date17/09/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1067 g
- Width156 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.